Creating a Smooth Process
Our skilled project teams will help you plan and implement your migration with an end-to-end service.
Virtual tech Gurus works with your team at every stage from opportunity identification, initial assessment and implementation to ongoing management.
The service is suitable for storage, server, application or exchange migration, and migration to the cloud.
Virtual tech Gurus uses our patented automation tool ZENfra to ensure a successful end-to-end transition. This helps lower costs by up to 25 percent and reduce migration times by 30 to 40 percent compared to traditional in-house methods.
How It Works
Virtual tech Gurus works with you through every stage of the process
1. Planning & Preparation
- Clearly identify scope.
- Validate migration process flow
2. Inventory Discovery
- Collect server sizing information.
- Identify cluster servers
- Scan network segments for additional servers
3. Migration Scheduling
- Obtain schedule approval
- Group servers into workloads
- Verify the VMware environment will support the servers
4. Change Management & Approval
- Right size servers
- Complete change management requirements
- Obtain technical approvals
- Validate workload
- Validate virtual infrastructure
- Perform a dry run of the servers if possible
6. Migration Process
- Execute migration
- Add/remove specified software to the virtualized server
- Verify all service running prior to the migration are running
- Verify all hardware specific software has been removed
8. Owner Validation
- Conduct application validation
- Approve or reject server migration
We Love Making Our Customers Happy
"There was nothing in the process that we thought could have been improved, but we were proven wrong. We were extremely happy with the way the project was managed."
- Major Motorcycle Manufacturer
A recent IDG survey, The Challenge of Change: IT in Transition, found…Read More