We are seeking an individual that enjoys working with a dynamic project team and various business units to provide a solution for a business need. This individual needs to have the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information management or related field.
2. Required 7 or more years of experience in Information Technology / Mobile / Project Management and have 2 or more of those years with hands on experience in Agile Scrum methodology
3. Proven success working with deadlines, keeping a MVP scope, and good communication / presentation skills for non-technical groups.
4. Successful techniques in scrum team building and accelerating velocity.
5. Ability to create, build and maintain project charts and metrics
6. Understanding of TFS is preferred, not required
7. Working knowledge of SDLC and project management principles 8. Scrum certification required
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors in CS, IS, related field, or equivalent combination of appropriate education and/or experience. Masters in Management or related field preferred. 7+ yrs in an IT/IS environment. Extensive project management experience, Certified Project Manager (CPM) status and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. See Other Requirements in Job Description.
Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for defining the projects objectives and providing day-to-day coordination to ensure quality control throughout the projects life cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops individual group project plans (project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements) to meet objectives and commitments.
2. Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.
3. Defines and implements project standards and processes for structuring all IT projects, including process/documentation evaluation and improvement.
4. Tracks projected vs actual project performance and informs management of accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget & schedule status.
5. Develops and executes enterprise-wide communication plan as related to milestones via status reports, and presentations suitable for all levels of management and staff.
6. Conducts post implementation project reviews to evaluate sustaining support and document lessons learned.
1. Develops project documents through work with business analyst, technical and customer contacts.
2. Maintains current knowledge of technical and process developments in the project management arena.
3. Maintains and analyzes project budget.
4. A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Experienced in managing and monitoring the work of team members and ability to provide project leadership and training.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of accepted Project Management principles and practices.
3. Excellent analytical skills with special attention to detail.
4. Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings.
5. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
6. Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
7. Ability to successfully build teams and foster an atmosphere of collaboration.
8. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with managers, directors, a diverse department, and a variety of internal and external customers.
9. Works to resolve resource constraints by leveling resources in project planning activities.
10. Works to secure funding from project sponsors for unbudgeted efforts.
11. Identifies/escalates issues as necessary.
12. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
13. Excellent presentation design and delivery skills.
14. A Master’s degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.