Sr. Solution Architect – PowerFlex | vCenter
Virtual Tech Gurus
Must Haves: Self-learning, great communicator, and technical writer. Lead in resolving complex issues, strong understanding of compute, storage virtualization products, vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vRealize components, enterprise level infrastructure with large deployments of compute, storage and networking. Meet with hardware and converged engineering teams, reviewing requirements, designs, drive a coordinated deploy of a stable compute/storage solution while obeying the pre-defined design standards.
- VMware vSphere, automation tools such as ansible, terraform, PowerShell. Automation of compute/storage maintenance activities.
- Provides full design, configuration, documentation, deployment, and top-level support ownership of compute/storage infrastructure technologies. Identifies design requirements, recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization, and future direction.
- Research, compares system/OS features, works with VMware on system sizing for specific applications. Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, Disaster Recovery, and SAN Fabric management.
- Troubleshoots compute/storage-related reliability, availability, and performance issues. Collaborates, implements architecture recommendations for application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, and performance tuning.
- Identifies, eliminates performance bottlenecks, makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration).
- Lead the software development lifecycle. This will include research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering, and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software built, implemented as a product using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (Agile).Gathers business requirements, participates in product definition, feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
- Performs competitive analysis for features at a product-level scope.
- Leads the testing, fixing of new or enhanced products. Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
- Assists with the development, reviewing of end-user and technical end-user documentation. Drives idea generation for new software products or the next version of an existing product.
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule, and quality guidelines. Works with the team to develop, maintain, communicate current development schedules, timelines, and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation, creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Designs, develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, produces new software or tools. Reviews requirements, specifications, designs to assure product quality.
- Develops, implements plans, tests for product quality or performance assurance. Provides strategic direction to the planning, design, architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage.
- Reviews, analysis of test strategies for software/storage products and systems. Reviews, analyzes design, functional, technical, and user documentation. Writes technical designs that clearly articulate solutions.
- Either a summary or detailed level as needed by the team.
- Leads the definition, collection, analysis of quality metrics appropriate to products, processes, especially for issue contributing to product defects and business process problems. Implements cross functional, process design improvements, re-engineering efforts to reduce, prevent recurrent, anticipated defects and problems. Supports cross-functional re-engineering efforts that result in significant cost, cycle time savings, cross-functional implementation, integration, deployment of infrastructure of significant size and complexity.
PowerFlex, compute/storage, vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vRealize components.
- VMware and/or Dell Technologies related certifications
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with PowerFlex, compute/storage technologies.
- 8+ years of experience with datacenter design technologies.